Followers

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pink Baby Bootie Cake

I totally adore making baby shower cakes!  Baby shower cakes are all sorts of cute and whimsy elements like bears, duckies, babies, toys, blocks...lots of fun cake techniques.   I have had these really cute baby booties cutters that I bought last year, and have been dying to have a go at making some fondant baby booties and so I finally got to use them..Yaaaay!! 
Here I have created the cake using - popular color combo of pink, brown and white for a baby girl!  Also I love adding a little teddy bear figure because its soo cute and fun to make it, as it adds a nice little touch of baby-ness to the cake!

I decided to do a stripe look because it is still elegant but fun and it really showcases the baby booties on top of the cake :) 
Also I wanted to focus the attention of the cake to the top so I piped a ring inch in from the edge of the cake, to end the stripe and focus on the saying on the cake.  I think a lot of cake design has to do with how well you bring out the elements on the cake.  

I hope have enjoyed this simply chic and elegant baby girl shower cake!  I will be making more of these fun baby booties out of fondant for boys and girls so check back here for more pictures! ~ love looove ~

5 comments:

Lisa said...

omg sally that baby cake is amazing!

Anonymous said...

cute shoes and teddy bear is so little and sweet

Fashion to Go said...

Wow wow wow! I am so impressed! You are so super talented.

Jessica said...

Where did you find the bootie cutters??? They are adorable!

Unknown said...

wow these are soo cute . can you share how you made them or where you found the template for this design
thank you